Oftentimes we get to a place where we wonder “God why us?” or “God, why not us?” It’s in those moments when we start to question everything! We unplug from the world hoping and praying that someone will notice that we really aren’t okay. The enemy is so conniving that he will really have you out here thinking that you’re the only one going through what you’re going through! And by doing that he keeps us isolated and keeps us from seeking help.
The other day I came across the scripture that basically reminded me why I do what I do! 2 Peter 5:9-10 reminds us that the devil is like a prowling lion looking for someone to devour! It goes on to tell us that we are not alone because there are fellow believers experiencing the same kind of sufferings. When I read this, I immediately became full of joy for two reasons: 1. I was reminded of my purpose, which is to use my experiences and platforms to remind others that they are not alone. 2. It reminded me that I’m not the only one who experiences the things life sometimes throws my way.
Sis I’m writing this because sometimes it appears (via social media) that everyone else’s life is perfect but we must remember that, that is all controlled content! I would be rich if I got paid to post every low and setback I experienced. So let me remind you that the reality is this: SIS YOUR’E NOT THE ONLY ONE!
- You’re not the only one who has suffered heartbreak.
- You’re not the only one who sometimes has to transfer money from your savings to your checking account.
- You’re not the only one who has made mistakes.
- You’re not the only one who went back to their ex a few times.
- You’re not the only one who has been confused about life and its purpose.
- You’re not the only one who questions God about if you’ll ever meet “Mr. Right”.
- You’re not the only one beating yourself up about having an abortion.
- You’re not the only one hating the place that you’re in right now.
This list could go on and on but I think you get the gist! I need you to remember that you’re not the only one experiencing what you’re going through. Here’s the great news! Verse 10 says this: that after you’ve gone through what you’re going through, God himself will restore, establish, strengthen and support you. Find your hope in that! You’re not the only one and same way God makes provisions for others he already has provisions in place for you! He will send you the right resources and people to help you through the season that you find yourself in. He got you sis!